Monday, November 1, 2010

The woman who has it all.

As a stay at home mom with two children, ages 3 and almost 1, there are times when I feel like I NEVER STOP WORKING!  Actually, I don't!  My to do list is never ending, and as I try to find my own identity again, I just add more on to it!  I know I'm crazy.  No need to point out the obvious here.  I'm starting to remind myself of the Proverbs 31 woman except I don't have any servants to help me out!!!  I'm all over Proverbs 31:27..."She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness."  Homemade bread is the bread of choice around here ;)


But how many times do I look at another woman and think, "Wow! She really has it all put together. And her bag is super cute to top it off!"  I may be right.  She may be one of the few women who "has it all", but I don't know what's in her bag, how many hats she's wearing, or where her shoes have been.  There used to be times that l'd put myself mentally in a new life situation just to "see" what might have been.  I can honestly tell you I have never liked the outcome.  I may not be the most beautiful, the most noble, the most energetic, or the most of anything, but with the grace and mercy of God I will look back on my life and know that I have done what I was created to do here on this earth.  That is bringing glory to Him.


By the way.  My favorite verses from Proverbs 31:

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
       she can laugh at the days to come.
 26 She speaks with wisdom,
       and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

To those of you who know me, I wonder if that surprise you? ;)

TTYL!



1 comment:

  1. Jen, you have no idea how much I needed to read this blog today. God definitely puts us all in eachother's lives for a reason, and it's usually to speak to us. Thank you for posting this!

    -Alesa Riendeau

    ReplyDelete