Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Buttons

My husband was fabulous yesterday, helping me with the house and the kids, because I was hoping to post a new bag today, but I was using a special thread and I ran out last night just as I was getting to the final stitches!  Bummer!  Hopefully soon.  I also think I need to go find some special buttons for this one.  I can't just put any old button on something I'm making.  It adds to the personality of the whole.  Have you ever noticed that about someone?  There is normally at least one attribute that makes someone unique.  Ears, nose are obvious choices, but also the way they walk, or pronounce their "i"s (those southern bells have to be careful when they say ice!).


With my daughter, her buttons are her eyes!  The eyes are truly the window to the soul.  They tug at my heart with her changing moods.  Those baby gray blues dance and sparkle when she's excited or trying to walk.  When she's sad they turn all puppy dog and fill with tears that are much bigger then one would expect from a person so small.  She flirts, and yes, I have caught her being mischevious already.  Is she old enough for that?!?!   


The bible speaks a lot of finding favor in the eyes of the Lord.  Do I make His eyes sparkle with my decision and actions?  I know he looks at the buttons he's given me with pleasure and joy, but how do I use those for his glory?  Any unique talents, personality trait, or even a hearts desire could be your button.  What makes you sparkle.  What makes you shine?  Go shine today and love that He chose your buttons especially for you!


 TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment