Monday, October 25, 2010

The Seam Ripper

A scary title for this Monday morning's blog, but me and my seam ripper have been best friends this past weekend!  It's one of those necessary painful things in life.  ALL OF THAT HARD WORK RIPPED APPART AT THE SEAMS! Quite literally of course.  But sometimes after working on that one thing, when we step back to look at the whole, it's just not right.  Either the stitches don't match, the seams don't line up, or maybe the foot petal got a little too happy and out of control at a very inopportune time.  That's when my little friend comes in to help.  A sewing seam ripper makes re-do a possibility without ruining the fabric.


How many times has that happened to me?  I can only see the immediate, small picture of my life.  And when my life seams to be falling apart at the seams, I need to realize that God sees the bigger picture.  He protects the fabric of my life while creating a work of art, and my life is only a small part.  I'm not saying this fact makes those hard times any easier, but it does add a different perspective.  A perspective of peace and hope.


For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11


So I guess the seam ripper isn't so bad after all.


TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment